Mastering the 12-Lead EKG
David Roberts, MSPAS, RN, PA-C
“Flawless execution of concept…Takes clinical practice and experience and brings it into the classroom…This book is for the EKG novice to one who just needs a great review text.”
-Gwen Ferdinand-Jacob, DHSc, MPAS, PA-C
Executive Director, Director Physician Assistant Program, Kansas State University
Mastering the 12-Lead EKG, Second Edition is the only book to boil down the complexity of learning EKG interpretation into an engaging and approachable tool. This resource uses a step-by-step systematic method, real-world clinical applications, and abundant practice opportunities to teach everything students need to know to provide expert, quality care. The second edition is greatly enhanced with abundant exercises that apply and reinforce chapter concepts.
With a clear, approachable writing style, the book delivers extensive opportunities for learning, taking students from the beginning of their EKG journey through mastery of the 12 lead. Woven throughout each chapter is an algorithmic method for mastering EKG interpretation that fosters retention of the content. Hand-drawn illustrations will keep you engaged as you learn everything you need to know about EKGs, beginning with anatomy and physiology and closing with the latest important 12-lead EKG topics. You will have hundreds of opportunities to practice and apply your knowledge through interpreting sample EKG strips, case studies, and fill-in-the-blank questions.
New to the Second Edition:
- Incorporates over 360 exercises that apply and reinforce chapter concepts
- Offers hundreds of practice opportunities including EKG strip interpretation, case studies, and questions with detailed explanations
- Utilizes a conversational writing style and abundant images, including more than 500 EKG strips and over 120 illustrations
- Applies a step-by-step algorithmic method for interpreting 12-lead EKGs
- Presents real-world examples to connect complex clinical concepts
- Provides online answers with detailed explanations of important concepts
- Delivers both the breadth and depth that health care professionals need to provide quality patient care