The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year Seven-Volume Set
Maureen A. Knechtel, MPAS, PA-C
“A lifesaver – not just for PA students, but for faculty and administrators trying our best to prepare them. Perfect for students to read and use on rotation.”
– James Van Rhee, MS, PA-C, DFAAPA, Program Director, Yale Physician Assistant Online Program
Everything you’ll need for your clinical rotations in one handy and affordable set!
Hit the ground running as you undertake your required clinical rotations with the quick-access, 7-volume pocket-sized set, The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year. Written by PA educators experienced in these specialty areas, this first-of-its-kind series covers all 7 clinical rotations including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Behavioral Health.
Brimming with pithy information on the precise knowledge and duties required of a physician assistant, you will learn about practice settings, equipment, exam techniques, frequently encountered disease entities, commonly ordered studies and medications, procedures, and more!
Small enough to fit in your lab coat pocket for on-the-spot reference, each consistently organized guide delivers brief bulleted content with handy tables and figures to promote quick learning and retention. You’ll also find useful examples of pertinent documentation for each specialty along with clinical pearls that deliver savvy pointers from the experts.
- Delivers a pocket-size overview of the precise knowledge and duties required for each clinical rotation
- Offers consistently organized, quick-access, bulleted content for all seven rotations
- Describes common clinical presentations, disease entities, and procedures
- Presents key diagnostic studies and their indications
- Reflects the 2019 NCCPA PANCE blueprint
- Includes bonus digital chapters with guided case studies to help reinforce clinical reasoning and rotation exam-style questions with remediating rationales
The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Behavioral Medicine