Nolo's Quick LLC
All You Need to Know About Limited Liability Companies
Limit your liability, simplify taxes with an LLC
If you run your own business as a sole proprietorship or partnership, you’ve probably heard of the advantages of limited liability companies—especially the way an LLC can protect personal assets from business debts. LLC expert Anthony Mancuso clearly explains how to decide whether an LLC is right for you. Learn:
- the unique legal features of LLCs, including limited personal liability for owners
- who should—and who shouldn’t—form an LLC
- when to choose an LLC instead of a corporation, partnership, or other business form
- how LLCs are taxed
- how to manage multiple-owner LLCs, and
- why an LLC can be the right choice even for a debt-troubled business.
What’s New? An overview of the CARES Act and other resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19.