The Immune Mystery
A Young Doctor's Quest to Solve the Puzzle of Autoimmune Disease
Dr. Anita Kåss
- According to the National Institutes of Health, 23.5 million Americans suffer from autoimmune diseases (more than seven percent of the population)
- Published to coincide with World Autoimmune Arthritis Day (May 20)
- Immune Mystery is both a window into autoimmunity and a deeply moving memoir of Dr. Anita Kåss’s personal connection to autoimmune diseases and her quest to help fight them.
- Kåss is a rheumatologist and researcher who received widespread media attention when her research into a potential cure for arthritis resulted in a record-breaking licensing agreement with a Japanese pharmaceutical company.
- Kåss uses clear language to explain autoimmunity, the immune system, and what happens when autoimmune diseases strike.
- Kåss is and engaging speaker https://youtu.be/D21nTIUWWKA
- Offers insight into not only the science behind autoimmune diseases but the history of medical research, and the promise for a better future for those suffering.
- Will appeal to readers of medical memoirs like When Breath Becomes Air and Brain on Fire, as well as people intrigued by medical mysteries, including readers of Lisa Sanders NYT column, Diagnosis.