The Rough Guide to the Lake District (Travel Guide eBook)
The Rough Guide to the Lake District
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide.
Discover the Lake District with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to take a cruise on Lake Windermere, hike the Cumbria Way or sample the region's renowned restaurants and pubs, The Rough Guide to the Lake District will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide the Lake District:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to the Lake District
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Keswick, Ullswater and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the Langdale Valley and Coniston Water
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Grasmere, Borrowdale, Cartmel and Honister's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into the Lake District, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Windermere; Grasmere and the central fells; Coniston Water; Hawkshead and the south; Keswick; Derwent Water and the north; The western fells and valleys; Ullswater; Out of the National Park
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Yorkshire, The Rough Guide to the Cotswolds, The Rough Guide to Bath, Bristol and Somerset
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.