Arduino Workshop, 2nd Edition
A Hands-on Introduction with 65 Projects
Long-awaited revision of this best-selling book on the Arduino electronics platform (35,000+ copies sold). Readers gain an in-depth understanding of the Arduino -- beyond just making simple projects.
The Arduino is an inexpensive, flexible microcontroller platform that makes it easy for hobbyists to use electronics in DIY projects. With its wide range of input and output add-ons, sensors, indicators, displays, and motors, the Arduino offers you countless ways to create interactive devices.
Through 65 hands-on projects, Arduino Workshop will teach you the tricks and design principles of a master craftsman. This edition has been updated for the latest version of the Arduino IDE and revised to reflect current hardware and technology. It includes coverage of general electronics concepts as well as schematic diagrams and detailed images of components. You’ll experiment with touchscreens and LED displays, explore robotics, use sensors with wireless data links, and control devices remotely with a cell phone.
Build projects like:
• An electronic version of the classic six-sided die
• A GPS logger that records and displays travel data
• A keypad-controlled lock that opens with a secret code
• A binary quiz game
• A motorized remote control car with collision detection
Whatever your skill level, you’re sure to have fun as you learn to harness the power of the Arduino for your own DIY projects.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• A chapter on creating your own Arduino libraries
• Updated robotic vehicle projects
• Newer shields that leverage GPS, 3G, and LoRa data transmission capabilities
• A chapter on MAX7219-based numeric LED displays and LED matrix modules
Covers Arduino IDE 2.x