Delicious Dishes Inspired by The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Aladdin, and Other Classic Characters
Rediscover your favorite childhood fairytales through these delightful and exquisite feasts!
Fairytales become classics, passed down for hundreds of years, not only because of the nostalgia provoked, but also because of the values they can teach us—the importance of family and friendship, patience, persistence, courage—these lessons become just as cherished as the stories themselves.
This timeless nature is precisely what fairytales and cooking have in common: The wisdom of fairytales and the soul of good cooking can last for centuries. Stories and recipes are passed on from one generation to the next; from parents to children and from children to grandchildren. Just like treasured stories, favorite dishes and recipes never go out of fashion either—as soon as the familiar aroma of a traditional Sunday roast wafts through the home, it evokes an irresistible feeling of delight. Like the tales themselves, recipes are also capable of transporting us to new and exciting worlds. Here you'll find recipes such as:
- Button mushroom flatbread with hazelnut pesto, inspired by Little Red Riding Hood and The Wolf
- Risotto with smoked salmon and fennel, inspired by The Little Mermaid
- Tomato and zucchini tarte tatin, inspired by Beauty and the Beast
- Spicy red dhal with a coriander dip, inspired by Aladdin and The Magic Lamp
- Duck breast with butternut squash and king trumpet mushrooms, inspired by Cinderella
- Pasta with radicchio, gorgonzola, and walnuts, inspired by The Snow Queen
- And more!