The Rough Guide to Dorset, Hampshire & the Isle of Wight (Travel Guide eBook)
The Rough Guide to Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Discover Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to walk the South West Coast Path in Dorset, go on a boat trip around The Needles off the Isle of Wight or sink a pint in Portsmouth, The Rough Guide to Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around the New Forest, Chichester and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including a rainbow of sailing yachts in Cowes (Isle of Wight) and the pristine-green village of Beaulieu (New Forest)
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in Bournemouth, Southampton and Shanklin
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight with coverage of history, religion, environment, wildlife and books
- Covers: Bournemouth and Poole, the Isle of Purbeck, Central Dorset, Western Dorset, east Dorset and he Avon Valley, the New Forest, Winchester and northern Hampshire, Southampton, Portsmouth and around, the Isle of Wight
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to Devon and Cornwall
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.