An International Approach
Taking an explicit international approach to the subject, Events Management combines theory and practice to address the challenges and opportunities of working in a global world to help prepare students for the realities of the events management sector.
Written by a high profile international team of editors and contributors, the text features cases spanning Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and North America, and covers key topics and issues such as fundraising, sponsorship, globalization and sustainability. It also aims to bolster student employability through the inclusion of features such as practical asides and case studies to give students a window into the real life of a practitioner.
Brand new to the third edition:
- An in-depth examination of the implications of Covid-19 for international events, including sponsorship arrangements, risk management and future job prospects for events management graduates
- Two brand new chapters covering developments in digital marketing and accessible events management
- Case studies featuring India, Australia, Peru, Europe, UK and USA and covering events such as music festivals, Holi, Mardi Gras as well as mega events such as the Olympics
- Updated theory about the critical global issues affecting events and the main drivers of change in the industry
- A companion website featuring links to interactive learning resources, an Instructors manual for lecturers, events-related videos for fun additional educational viewing, and author-selected SAGE journal articles for advanced learning.
Suitable for courses in Events Management and International Events Management.