Essential Skills and Competencies for Supply Chain Professionals and Future Leaders in Asia
A Framework for Planning and Managing Supply Chain Talents
This book is the first of its kind in attempting to identify the skills and competencies required of supply chain leaders in Asia. In 2020, McKinsey reported that they believe leaders should not just fix their supply chains temporarily, but to transform them. Reimagining supply chains to avoid past traps and meet future needs will require a comprehensive approach in reskilling supply chain professionals to build new competencies for new norms.
This book showcases the results of quantitative and qualitative research, including surveys and interviews with supply chain managers across Asia, highlighting the essential skills and competencies required to be a successful supply chain manager. A framework to plan and manage supply chain talents and strategies for recruiting and retaining supply chain talents are also included.
The contributors of this book include Janya Chanchaichujit, Nguyen Thi Hong Hanh (Victoria), Sumit Mitra, Sherman Ong and Juliater Simarmata.
- The Need for Supply Chain Professionals
- Interview with Supply Chain Experts and Leaders
- Supply Chain Skills and Competency from the Online Job Advertisements
- Supply Chain Skills and Competency from the Online Survey
- Summary from the Interviews, Survey,and Job Postings
Readership: Supply chain professionals and university graduates interesting in pursuing a career related to supply chain.
- This is the first time we conduct a study on supply chain competency for Asian countries
- We have proposed a framework based on inputs from the study and key strategies to recruit and retain supply chain talents
- We make use of online survey, job postings from the Internet and 1-1 interviews to gather information from 8 different countries in Asia
- It can guide HR managers in setting criteria to hire new supply chain professionals based on the supply chain leadership traits
- Postgraduates can also this book to plan their education path before entering the supply chain industry